Midwest Basketball Showcase 2022 – Tournament Rules
ALL Nebraska high school rules apply except for the following:
- The CHI Health Center (“CHI”) will open 30 minutes prior to the 1st game.
- Check-in at the CHI; each team will only get 3 wristbands: 2 for the coaches and 1 for the team scorekeeper that each team must provide. Wristbands must be worn on the wrist at all times!
Length of Game:
- 8th-11th grade divisions will play 22-minute running time halves. The last 1 minute of 2nd half with be stopped time if the game is within 15 points.
- 3rd-7th grade divisions will play 20-minute running time halves. The last 1 minute of 2nd half with be stopped time if the game is within 15 points.
- Overtime will be 1 minute of a stopped clock; 3rd overtime will be 1st team to score a point
- 20 Point Rule; If a team is ahead by 20 pts or more with 2 minutes or less in the game, the game will be called off by the game officials.
- Halftime will be 2 minutes and warm-ups will be 3-5 minutes depending on schedule.
- The team listed 1st or on top of the bracket is Home team, wears light-colored jersey (please bring both uniforms in case a team only has 1 color)
- One Coach may stand unless they receive a technical foul which they will then have to sit.
- If ejected, that coach will NOT be allowed to coach in the next game.
- No warm-up basketballs provided. Boy’s 7th grade and up will use the men’s ball.
- No press in 3rd grade; No press if up 20 points or more (4th-8th grade ONLY)
- Free throws are played on the release; a technical is 2 free throws and the ball.
- 3 30-Second Timeouts per game; in overtime each team only gets 1 30-second Timeout.
- 1 and 1 bonus free throws beginning at 7th team foul. No 2 shot bonus
- All players will be allowed 6 fouls before fouling out.
- The home team provides scorebook keeper; the visiting team provides clock operator. Scoresheets will be picked up from your court at the end of games.
- Players will be allowed to play on multiple teams only if teams are in different grade levels.
- Tournament directors have the authority to override any rules.
- Head to Head
- Point Differential (20 Max) for the teams that are tied
- Fewest Pts Allowed (all pool games)
Remember this event is for the kids and their families; there will be missed layups, missed shots, and missed calls but let’s not miss the opportunity to show the kids how to be sportsman-like. We look forward to hosting everyone at the CHI this weekend.
Tournament Directors: Jarron Bradley, Curtis Marshall, Marlon Polk and Brandy Smith
Officials Coordinator: Latrell Wrightsell
LET’S PLAY BASKETBALL!!!!