SHOWCASE • RULES
Midwest Basketball Showcase 2020 – Tournament Rules
ALL Nebraska high school rules apply except for the following:
Coach Check In:
- The CHI Health Center (“CHI”) will open 30 minutes prior to the 1st game.
- Check in at the CHI; each team will only get 3 wristbands: 2 for the coaches and 1 for the team scorekeeper that each team must provide. Wristbands must be worn!
Length of Game:
- 9-11th grade divisions will play 2 – 15 minute halves with clock stopping on all whistles.
- 6th-8th grade divisions will play 2 – 13 minute halves with clock stopping on all whistles.
- 3rd-5th grade divisions will play 2 – 20 minute halves with clock stopping on all whistles.
- Overtime will be 1 minute of stopped clock; 3rd overtime will be 1st team to score a point
- Running clock. If a team is ahead by 20 pts at anytime in the 2nd half the clock will run; clock stops if lead goes to 10 pts or less.
- 20 Point Rule; If a team is ahead by 20 pts or more with 2 minutes or less in the game, the game will be called off by the game officials.
- Halftime will be 3 minutes and warm-ups will be 3-5 minutes depending on schedule. Teams need to be at their court at least 20 minutes before your scheduled game time as games may start up to 15 minutes early.
- Team listed 1st or on top of bracket is Home team, wears light colored jersey (please bring both uniforms in case a team only has 1 color)
- One Coach may stand unless they receive a technical foul which they will then have to sit.
- If ejected, that coach will NOT be allowed to coach in next game.
- No warm-up basketballs provided. Boy’s 7th grade and up will use the men’s ball.
- Free throws are played on the release; a technical is 2 free throws and the ball.
- 2 Full Timeouts per game; in overtime, each team only gets 1 Full Time Out.
- 1 and 1 bonus free throws beginning at 10th team foul. No 2 shot bonus
- 4th-8th grade players will be allowed 5 fouls before fouling out.
- 9th-11th grade girls and boys will be allowed 6 fouls before fouling out.
- Home team provides scorebook keeper; visiting team provides clock operator. Winning team must bring the scoresheet to the registration table immediately after game ends.
- Players will be allowed to play on multiple teams only if teams are in different grade levels.
- Tournament directors have authority to override any rules.
- 1. Head to Head 2. Point Differential (20 Max) for the teams that are tied
- 3. Fewest Pts Allowed (all pool games)
Remember this event is for the kids and their families; there will be missed layups, missed shots and missed calls but we all can still show the kids how to be good sports. The MBS staff looks forward to hosting everyone at the CHI Health Center this weekend.
Tournament Directors: Jarron Bradley, Curtis Marshall, Marlon Polk and Brandy Smith
Officials Coordinator: Latrell Wrightsell
LET’S PLAY BASKETBALL!!!!
|Friday:||Adults = $10.00||K-12 Student = $10.00||5 and under = Free|
|Saturday:||Adults = $15.00||K-12 Student = $15.00||5 and under = Free|
|Sunday:||Adults = $10.00||K-12 Student = $10.00||5 and under = Free|